Homefront: The Revolution
May 20th 2016 | Deep Silver | PC | Playstation 4 | Xbox One
In Homefront: The Revolution, after four years into military occupation, America is on its knees. Like all her great cities, Philadelphia - once the birthplace of Independence - has been carved into three distinct Zones: The Red Zones are war-ravaged wastelands, where the first armed uprising against the KPA Occupation was brutally crushed. In these uninhabited and desolate ruins, the Resistance wages constant guerrilla warfare against the KPA…
The Green Zones are the highly militarised command centres from where the KPA exercise their power and control. Iconic landmarks of Philadelphia such as Independence Hall have been repurposed to house the KPA Elites and high ranking American collaborators. Breaching these Green Zones would mean suicide for all but the boldest of Resistance fighters…
And lastly, the Yellow Zones. These are the densely populated areas of Philadelphia, where civilians live in constant fear. A mix of Orwellian police state and ghetto slum, the People are kept under the heel of oppression through permanent surveillance, 24-hour propaganda, and an ever-constant military presence.
Citizens can choose between a bleak existence of forced labour, squalid living conditions and meagre rations, or sell their souls for the relative but seductive comforts of collaboration.
But even here in the Yellow Zone, the Resistance is at work. Hiding in plain sight, blending in with the crowd, and weapons concealed until the last possible moment, the last torchbearers of freedom have vowed to dismantle the KPA infrastructure here piece by bloody piece.
As a Freedom Fighter in the Resistance, you’ll uncover safe houses and other tactical locations from which to mount an attack; you’ll disrupt KPA propaganda, disable their security, and infiltrate and destroy high value targets; you’ll intervene to save civilian lives, or assassinate high ranking officials… each action a step forwards to your ultimate goal - Revolution…
Homefront: The Revolution is an open-world first person shooter where you must lead the Resistance movement in guerrilla warfare against a superior military force. A living, breathing, open world responds to your actions - you and your Resistance Cell can inspire a rebellion on the streets and turn Occupation into Revolution, as oppressed civilians take up the fight.
But your enemy has the advantage - superior technology, firepower, heavy armour and air support. You must learn the art of guerrilla warfare – ambush, sabotage, infiltration, deception – and fight a running battle through the war-ravaged suburbs of Philadelphia.
And the single player campaign is just the start – in Co-Op you and your friends can form your own Resistance Cell and become renowned as Heroes of the Revolution.
Here's the new trailer "This is Philadelphia":
‘This is Philadelphia’ offers a chilling glimpse into the world of Occupied Philadelphia in the year 2029, and the brutal polices known as the Yellow Zones. Distinct from the war-ravaged wastelands of the Red Zones, and the highly militarised Green Zones, this densely populated environment offers a unique challenge and gameplay experience to would-be Freedom Fighters.
- Explore a living, breathing open world: experience true open world gameplay in a first person shooter, brought to life with astonishing CRYENGINE-powered visuals
- Wage Guerrilla Warfare: this is no linear shooter; learn the art of guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics against your foe in thrilling un-scripted firefights
- Build the Resistance: recruit revolutionaries to the cause, establish bases and safehouses, capture and customise a deadly arsenal, and build improvised, homebrew weapons for your Guerrilla Tool Kit
- Ignite the Revolution: from oppressed citizen to revolutionary leader, an epic single-player campaign tells the story of the second War of Independence. The dynamic, evolving world responds to your actions as an oppressed nation rises up in defiance against the occupation
- Online Co-Op: take the battle online, form a Resistance Cell with your friends and earn your reputation as Heroes of the Revolution